Chemical peel in Tunisia
Being Part of the cosmetic medicine family acts that aim to rejuvenate the face and restore its radiance while reducing wrinkles and correcting the defects of the skin, peeling in Tunisia is to exfoliate the top layer of the skin, in a relatively deep way.
The peeling is considered the caregiver skin treatment by excellence in aesthetic medicine.
Depending on the type of product used and on its depth, three different types of peeling can be counted:
- Superficial peeling: peeling done by fruit acids.
- Medium Peeling: peeling done by the TCA (Trichloroacetic acid).
- Deep Peeling: Peeling done by the Phenol.
The depth of the peel will determine the depth of the skin scrub that will be responsible for the acts’ efficiency.
Chemical peeling is an action that aims to treat the face aging by restoring its luster, wrinkles correcting and healing imperfections. Its function is determined by deep exfoliation of the skin’s surface layer.
Being considered in the first place a skin care, the peeling part is an act of aesthetic medicine. Thus, the peeling should be strictly carried out in practice and not in a beauty salon or a beauty center.
By provoking to remove the surface layer of the epidermis of the skin, the peel is a treatment that aims to rejuvenate the face. It helps to renew and regenerate the skin giving as a result, diminished wrinkles, skin with fewer blemishes and a brightened complexion. The result will give a softer, more vivacious and more radiant skin.
The act of peeling is done using vegetable or chemical substances that have for purpose the removal of the surface layer of the skin.
The peeling works by taking away different skin layers:
- If we will conduct a superficial peel, one thus speaks of the removal that will be extending to the horny layer of the epidermis.
- If you will proceed to a medium peel, we’re talking about the removal from the surface layer to the deep layer of the epidermis’ junction.
- If you will carry out a deep peel, it includes the removal from the surface layer to the middle layers of the skin.
In general, peeling objectives can be summarized as:
- Improving the quality of the facial skin (fat elimination problems, acne pimples and pores).
- The elimination of brown spots (pregnancy mask, age spots)
- The reduction of wrinkles and fine lines.
- The lifting of the skin and the retraction effect.
- Improvement of touch, tone and radiance of the skin.
- The removal of impurities and the dead cells forming a layer.
- Coetaneous decongestion
There are three different types of peeling depending on the nature of the product and the depth of their actions:
- Superficial peeling : emade using products from fruit acids.
- Medium Peeling : done using TCA (Trichloroacetic acid).
- Deep Peeling : performed with Phenol.
The result of the peel is best when it is deeper because the scrub skin level following it in depth.
The peel is indicated by the degree of deterioration of the skin that defines the depth of exfoliation made.Superficial peels :
performed at the base of fruit acids, are rather given to:
- Patients of young age
- Dull skin splinter
- finely wrinkled skin or wrinkles
- Problems complexion and spots
- pore expansion Problem
- Slight acne Skin problems.
If the skin is not very deteriorated, it regains its luster thanks to the superficial peeling.The average TCA peels :
- The less young of age patients
- Wrinkled skin and the presence of fine lines
- Loosening Skins
- Complexion and spots Problems
- Acne Problem
- Presence of scars on acne or superficial scars.
Medium peels act mainly on fine lines and pigmentation. Unlike mild peels, the effect of the medium peel lasts longer.Deep peels with Phenol :
- The less young age patients
- Remarkably aged skin
- Chewed Skin
- Large depth of wrinkles
- Presence of scars on acne or superficial scars.
Known by its effectiveness on aged skin, the deep peel achieves significant results similar to those of laser resurfacing. However, the deep peel generates very heavy consequences.
It is for this reason that Dr. Bouzguenda does not exercise the deep peel in her office.
The areas that can benefit from a peeling treatment are: the face, neck, décolleté and back of hands.
The peeling requires a care package to be complete before the peeling session. It is necessary and essential in order to optimize the effects of peeling. It takes 2 to 3 weeks before the peeling session to initiate the preparation of the skin, it has a double effect:
- Improve the appearance of the skin making it more consistent with the requirement of vitamin A acid or Tretinoin.
- Stop the melanocyte rebound prescription depigmentation.
It is recommended to avoid, at least 7 days before the session:
- From the sun exposure.
- From the facial hair removal (whether waxing, depilatory cream or laser).
- From the skin irritation caused by some products.
The means or superficial peels do not require anesthesia.
As for deep peels, it usually requires local anesthesia, locoregional or neuroleptic.
You should know that numbing creams are proscribed by the doctor because they prevent the deep penetration of the active ingredient of the peeling.
The course of a peeling session usually follows this sequence of action:
- Dr. Bouzguenda cleans and disinfects the skin
- She applies a pre-peeling solution which aims to clean the skin deeply.
- She then applies a cream or peeling gel using a cotton swab or a brush. The time it takes the doctor to apply the gel depends on the type of peel effect.
- Then, she neutralizes the peeling using a different solution or by performing a simple cleaning.
- At the end, the doctor applies a skin repairing cream.
The after-effect of the superficial peeling done through fruit acids are:
- The patient experiences a temperature rise at the skin level of his face for a few minutes .
- He will note that the color of his skin turns slightly toward the red for a few hours or up to 3 days.
- The patient will find a slight desquamation.
- It is essenti al to use sunscreen to protect against rays for 8 weeks.
- It is not necessary to desocialize.
As for the after-effect on the average TCA peel, they are as shown below:
- The skin reddens for a period between 24-48 days.
- This result in the formation of a brown layer at the skin level treated for a minimum of 7 days.
- There is no question of scratching or peeling before it dissemble naturally.
- You must apply a specific cream at a frequency of 3 to 4 times per day.
- The patient notes, just weeks after the peel, a new skin fresher, softer, clearer, firmer and youthful appear.
- It is recommended to avoid makeup for about 3 to 4 days.
- It is necessary to plan to desocialize for a small period from 5 to 7 days.
- It is imperative to provide the use of a sunscreen protection against sun rays for a minimum of 3 months, to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
The peeling is carried out preferably for 4 to 6 sessions that are preferably separated by an interval of 15 days.
Also, it is highly recommended that the sessions of peeling be done either in the fall or winter.
The final effect caused by a superficial peel that took place over several sessions and that are followed by the proper use of cosmetics prescribed can be observed for a period ranging between 6 to 9 months; we must start by that time, considering doing a maintenance session.
As for the medium peel, when it also took place for over several sessions and that these are followed by the proper use of prescribed cosmetics, results will last a year in average; must likewise consider performing a maintenance session by performing the same peeling or the lighter ones.
The peeling is not restricted by a defined age.
Women as well as men can do the peeling, it concerns both sexes.
The peel can be achieved regardless of the type or the patient's skin color.
You just realize that there are some precautions for matte skin.
- Presence of herpes or impetigo
- Having a contact allergy
- Prescription of treatment against acne (retinoids)
- Pregnant women cannot perform peeling sessions
Although the peel has very rare and exceptional risks, we must certainly be aware, these are:
- Development of allergy which is an exceptional risk
- Extension of the redness associated with a prolongation of the application of Product peeling.
- Appearance of pigmentation associated with sun exposure.
It is advisable to be cautious of these risks when you have dark skin because it is essential to prepare the skin by a suitable cosmetic to ensure melanocytic rebound risk mitigation.
It is a mild peeling that acts on the face giving it a bright look.
Also called peeling with AHA (alpha hydroxy acids), the superficial peeling is done through fruit acid extracts. Its composition comprises glycolic acid as or salicylic principle and many other acids from plants or fruits: lactic acid, mandelic acid, phytic acid...Superficial peelings have many benefits that are:
- Its effectiveness in time (fast) and results and in tolerance.
- The possibility to practice on all colors and skin types.
- It does not require disocialization.
The operation of a soft peeling performed based on fruit acids, consists of exfoliating the surface layer of the skin by glycolic acid while it will:
- Regulate the different cell populations.
- Refine the corneal layer; however the entire epidermis recovers its thickness.
- Standardize the melanocyte activity .
- Increase the density of skin collagen fibers.
- Significantly improve the complexion of the face: we see that the face regains its luster
- Prevent skin aging
- Smooth Skin
- Reduce wrinkles and fine lines that are thin or important
- Reduce pigmentation and brown spots
- Correct facial anomalies: enlarged pores, redness presence or persistence of acne scars
- Treat acne problems by acting through keratolytic actions and anti-seborrhea.
It is understood that the superficial facial peel has real effects that are less important than the effects achieved by the medium or deep peels. However, the patient can maximize the "profitability" of its peeling making sure to follow the post-peeling care as indicated by the treating physician.
The answer to this question is: This is a medium depth peel that is acts amazingly on the face by correcting it of all the flaws such as wrinkles and brown spots.
Performed based TCA (trichloroacetic), the average peeling as the name suggests is based on trichloroacetic. It is also possible that the doctor uses trichloroacetic acid deciding to its degrees of concentrations: 15%, 25%, 30 and 40%. The depth of its action depends on the degree of concentration:
The deep peel is usually recommended for the fair skin patients because one must be very cautious when it comes to matte skin.The operating mechanism of the average TCA peel :
The average TCA peel is performed based on trichloroacetic acid which consists of the middle layer exfoliation of skin (the dermis):
- Regulate the different cell populations
- Forming a necrosis of epidermal cells before reaching the middle layer
- Standardize the melanocyte activity
- Increase the density of skin collagen fibers.
Obviously, the average peel is stronger than the superficial peel so that its results are remarkable and impressiveAmong the objectives of the medium face peeling, we can say that it leads to :
- Correct wrinkles and fine lines
- Mitigate the sagging skin
- Smooth Skin
- Reduce brown spots on the skin
- Correct the defects on the face such as enlarged pores, redness, acne scars and superficial scars.
- Treat acne with anti-seborrhea and keratolytic action.
Chemical peel abroad
- Procedure: The peel is a skin care that removes the superficial layer of the epidermis of the skin. This allows renewing the epidermis and regenerating the facial skin.
- Anesthesia: No
- Operating time:30 to 45 minutes
- Duration of hospital stay:the firm in ambulatory
- Recovery:2 to 3 days