Tummy tuck abroad
Unlike liposuction, which acts on excess fat belly, abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is specific to the correction of laxity of the skin in the abdomen, it acts especially on the problems of the abdominal muscle wall.
Caused by pregnancy , significant weight loss or other, the stomach may have be sagging with extra skin and stretch marks , giving it a lax and withered appearance called " abdominal apron " very unsightly. For these misfortunes, abdominoplasty is the cosmetic surgery of the ideal figure to regain a flat stomach and harmonize the appearance of the body.
All these imperfections generate, in most cases, a psychological discomfort and some complexes, that result in the dissatisfaction of appearance. Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck or abdominal lift is the most practiced cosmetic surgery for the belly in the reconstructive surgery field.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda makes you enjoy the benefits of tummy tuck in Tunisia, with affordable and cheap prices, compared to what you get charged in France, Switzerland ... also with a period of convalescence in a pleasant setting.
Trained in France, installed in Tunisia, an expert in cosmetic surgery and abdominoplasty, Dr. Bouzguenda answers all your questions. You can contact her from the contact page of our website to organize your aesthetic stay in Tunisia for a tummy tuck in confidence.
- There is the excess fat of the abdomen, in addition to upper and sub- umbilical, with a skin of good quality and resilient without muscle relaxation. Liposuction of the abdomen in this case is well signposted.
- There is a fat overload with skin excess in the lower abdomen, the sub- umbilical area. This indicates a kind of mini-abdominoplasty or mini-abdominal-lift-.
- There is a fat overload with excess of skin and muscle relaxation. A traditional tummy tuck or abdominoplasty or abdominal lift is indicated with tightening the muscles of the abdominal wall.
Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is ideally indicated for patients, men or women, having excess of fat with lax skin and muscle, and a bulging belly. These unsightly belly abdomens typically are called abdominal pendulum, or belly aprons.
- Perform a complete checkup before surgery.
- It is advised to stop smoking at least a month before and after the Tummy tuck.
- You must stop any oral contraception treatment to minimize the risk of thromboembolic complications.
- Ten days before the tummy tuck, avoid any aspirin based treatment.
- Type of anesthesia : The procedure of tummy tuck is performed under general anesthesia.
- Types of hospitalization : Tummy tuck usually requires a postoperative hospital stay of 2 nights in the clinic.
Technically, the tummy tuck is a body contouring surgery which aims to lift the abdominal wall to make its appearance harmonious through the removal of excess skin and fat masses.
The traditional Tummy tuck is designed to eliminate localized skin between the navel and the pubis. It is initially to take off the skin underneath and above the navel, in a second time to resects excess skin and pull the skin down (to the pubis) and a third time out the navel through the abdominal flap. This surgical technique is called Tummy tuck with transposition of the umbilicus.
The Tummy tuck is usually associated with a retightening of the abdominal muscles in cases of diastases; it is called curing of large diastases rectus abdominal muscles.
According to the patient's morphology, a liposuction of the abdomen and flanks is usually associated with the tummy tuck to reduce the excess fat layer and to redefine the size.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda adopts the technique of superior high voltage Tummy Tuck allowing a better distribution of tension forces on the abdominal flap by internal quilting points attached to the muscle wall. This technique has several advantages:
- A decrease in the tension of the scar, for better healing and a better appearance.
- Reduce the risk of hematoma and seroma.
Wearing a compression bandage and a compression sleeve are required.
The Tummy Tuck surgery lasts 2-3 hours of depending on the workload to achieve.
The tummy tuck is performed by making two incisions leaving :
- A horizontal scar positioned as low as possible above the pubic bone connecting the two hips in order to hide it through underwear.
- A scar at the navel that is almost invisible.
Special cases may require a vertical incision from the navel to the pubis. Rather, it is possible in patients who have had surgical history that resulted in a vertical scar or the presence of excess cumulative skin in a vertical manner thus requiring performance of a vertical clamp of the skin.
Scars can be visible and turn reddish throughout the few months after the surgery. The end result can be judged after about a year.
Associated with a tummy tuck, liposuction further refines the belly and the waist, to fit better with the appearance of the stomach and the silhouette.The treatment of diastasis of the abdominal muscle wall:
Done usually with the tummy tuck, tightening the muscles is to strengthen the vertical muscles of the abdomen center, in order to have a firm and flat stomach
- Using drains to minimize the risk of bruising.
- The dressing change is made 48 hours after abdominoplasty/ Tummy Tuck.
- To avoid the risk of phlebitis, the first rise occurs within the first 24 hours. Throughout the first 10 days, you must also provide anticoagulant therapy (subcutaneous injection).
- For a month and a half and 24/ 24, the patient must wear the compression sleeve and the removal of dressings is made 15 days after the operation.
- The absorbable sutures are.
- The patient can take a shower after a week of surgery.
- In the first postoperative weeks It is common to find :
- Swelling and bruises during the first 21 to 15 days.
- For several months Insensitivity and transitional indurations in the loosened zones.
- During the first two weeks , pain in the abdomen that are more important in case of treatment of diastasis , relieved by painkillers
- It is necessary to provide a period of two weeks for the recovery and convalescence.
- All sports activities and / or muscle must be stopped at least for the first two months.
- It is strongly advised to have a stable weight: It is best to avoid weight gain and pregnancy result in degradation of the results.
- Scars maintain a pink coloring to the first 2 to 3 first months will fade less and less towards the 6th month. Avoid exposing the scars to sunlight and UV light for a whole year.
The end result of abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck could be enjoyed after the first 12 months and the aesthetic appearance starts to improve to a flat stomach and a slimmer waist, from the 4th postoperative month.
After a year, the scar fades a color that turns to red to a light pink tone without really disappear permanently.
Fortunately, the risks associated with abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck are reduced. Most often, patients are very satisfied with the final result. However, complications can occur. The latter are not related to the skills of the practitioner and are generally unpredictable:
- Thromboembolic accidents ( phlebitis, pulmonary embolism): the chance of their occurrence increases if the patient has a history of phlebitis. To reduce this risk, it is best to wear anti- thrombosis stockings, stop treating oral contraception at least one month before the intervention, foster up early and anticoagulant therapy.
- A very low risk of hematoma which may require surgical drainage
- Lymphorrhoea : after a few weeks, the patient may have a lymphatic effusion which may require repeated aspiration and / or reoperation for drainage.
- The cystosteatonecrose manifested by dehiscence of stitches and a yellow liquid flow and lengthens the healing period. This complication is widely favored in patients with large blubber.
- Skin necrosis is one of the risks that are favored by smoking and obesity which increase the duration of healing.
- Exceptionally, the patient may have an infection that requires surgical draining.
- A transient decrease in sensitivity of the infra-umbilical area.
- In case of large scars, it comes to performing a surgical retouching or treat with injections of corticosteroids when Hypertrophic.
Finally, the intervention of tummy tuck is an operation with very low risk. We must take note but not to overstate them and give them momentum.
The price of tummy tuck in Tunisia is 2000 €.
The price of tummy tuck in Tunisia is quite affordable and cheap compared to the prices in France or Switzerland or other...
If you want to know how much does a tummy tuck in Tunisia costs and have a personalized quote, please contact Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda.
Tummy tuck in Tunisia
- Procedure : resect the skin and excess fat in the abdomen , lifting the remaining abdominal skin and tightening the abdominal muscle belt , to have a flat stomach .
- Anaesthesia : General
- Operating time : 2 to 3 hours
- Length of stay : 2-3 nights
- Length of overall stay : 9 to 10 days
- Convalescence :15 days
- Price tummy tuck : 2000 €