Hymenoplasty is hymen surgery restoration that will restore it to pristine condition and without visible traces.
The hymen is a membrane that partially obstructs the vaginal opening, at the virgin.
Thus, it is the rupture of the membrane which will indicate that the person is no longer a virgin. In several countries and cultures of the world, the honor of the family or community is often attached to the honor of the girl because virginity is a precious asset that must be preserved until marriage. The rupture of the hymen followed by bleeding after penetration is the "evidence" of virginity of a girl. And on a religious level, a rupture of the hymen after a sexual act outside of marriage is wrong.
The hymenoplasty can be practiced almost any time (months or years) after the loss of virginity. The reconstruction of the hymen to regain virginity is an act of the hymen repair surgery which brings great relief to the bride and restores confidence.
The hymen in young girls (virgins), is a thick but delicate membrane of tissue, it forms an elastic fibrous ring that partially obstructs the vaginal opening while allowing the flow of menstrual blood.
Some hymens are very elastic and resistant even during sex, but this case is very rare. In most cases, the hymen is broken at the first sexual intercourse or after inserting a tampon. It happens that in some cases, rupture of the hymen is accidental.
Within certain communities and religions, young girls do not have access to marriage only if they are virgins. Sometimes the marriage can be canceled. These two reasons -sociales and religious- mean that the issue of virginity exceeds the intimate and personal physical setting, reaching a symbolic dimension. This gives the reconstruction of the hymen all its saving importance.
Now that the hymen repair is possible and that in the majority of cases treated the result is convincing, many women and families are opting for this intimate surgery.
The hymenoplasty or hymen restoration surgery or reconstruction of the hymen is a simple surgery. The simplest way to describe it is to say that it is an excision of torn edges of the hymen, in which the absorbable suture is used to suture the tissue membrane and restore the hymen’s intact appearance.
If the hymen remaining bits do not allow the reconstruction, a new hymen can be established from the lip of the vagina.
- Type of anesthesia : The Hymenoplasty is performed under local anesthesia potentiated or more comfortably under general anesthesia, like labia reduction surgery.
- Terms of hospitalization : The hymenoplasty can be done as an outpatient.
Technically, there are two types of operations: repair and reconstruction.Repair the hymen or Hyménorraphie:
- For short-term result.
- Must be made 7to 10 days before the wedding.
- It is a simple repair or reconstruction of the hymen. A suture of the remaining hymen ends is carried out using an absorbable suture. The anatomy of the hymen is thus restored, without visible traces and allowing it to have a bleeding during penetration.
- Duration of the procedure: 35-40 minutes.
- For a longer-term outcome.
- Definitive Technology.
- Should be done at the earliest, at least 4-6 weeks before the wedding.
- This technique is more invasive. Vaginal membrane is incised and the two sides are folded together and sutured with absorbable stitches. In this case, the healing time is longer, that is why it is preferable to use this process long before the wedding. During the first intercourse after the operation, there will be a new hymen rupture which will be similar to the rupture of a natural hymen.
- Duration of surgery: 1 to 2 hours.
Generally the recovery from the postoperative of a hymenoplasty, is fairly quick. There may be some bleeding during the first 48-72 hours, with some inconvenience. Pain may persist for the next few days post-hymenoplasty, painkillers will be prescribed to help you. Swelling of the vulva and the discomfort will disappear gradually in the days following the surgery.
Full recovery takes 4 to 6 weeks. The home return may be possible earlier provided that you rest well.
Returning to work can occur after the procedure. However, it is best to avoid any work or strenuous exercise. Most surgeons use absorbable stitches, also, patients should abstain from sex for three to four weeks.
To ensure the best possible recovery, we must give ourselves the time and the means to protect the hymen after surgery. For this, it is recommended to follow the following tips:
- Avoid sex: Sexual activity will break the hymen again causing pain. It is better to wait for about six weeks before resuming sexual activity.
- Do not wear tight clothing or strips to underwear (thong) for at least 1-2 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid Buffer: Buffer will break the hymen and cause pain, use sanitary napkins during the first six weeks.
Having strict hygiene will greatly help reduce the risk of infection.
The hymenoplasty or hymenorraphy is a generally safe procedure that has very low risk and side effects. But as with any surgery, there are risks of infection, prolonged bleeding, as well as those related to anesthesia.
Sometimes, very rare cases of complications occur, following the repair of the hymen such as "shrinking" or over-correction of the hymen. This means, specifically, that the opening of the hymen is narrowed, adding difficulty to the next sexual act. Long-term complications are even rarer.
The price of hymenoplasty in Tunisia varies according to the technique. The cost of reconstruction of the hymen in Tunisia is quite affordable and cheap. To find out how much is a hymenoplasty, you can contact Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda.