Gynecomastia surgery abroad
Gynecomastia is defined as the excessive growth of the mammary gland in humans, producing a surplus even chest breast.
Gynecomastia is a medical term for excess fat or glandular breast tissue in humans, having several grades ranging from slight to significant hypertrophy optionally accompanied by a breast ptosis.
It is a common disorder, which is detected in approximately 40-60% of men. This condition can occur only on one side as it can be provided on both sides and can be symmetrical or not.
This phenomenon causes discomfort gynecomastia in men who suffer from it especially when she appears at the age of adolescence.
This problem can be corrected by cosmetic surgery: gynecomastia cure or breast reduction in men, which gives the possibility to adjust the unpleasantness caused by hypertrophy of the mammary glands based on technical precise and rigorous and well-defined program.
Dr. Bouzguenda proposes to reduce the volume of your breasts with a correction of asymmetry. It guarantees obtaining a harmonious appearance compared to your body. Do not hesitate to contact for more details on your cosmetic surgery of the breasts in men.
Generally, patients are very satisfied with the outcome of the intervention either aesthetically or psychologically.
Gynecomastia is a common condition in men presenting with hypertrophy of the mammary gland, resulting in more developed breasts than normal.
It is most common in teenagers and older men.
The sign of gynecomastia varies from a small amount of extra fabric around the nipples to "real" prominent breasts.
Sometimes breast tissue may be tender or painful, but this is not always the case. It may apply to one side as it can affect both asymmetrically.
There are three types of gynecomastia: Gynecomastia in predominantly fat, predominantly glandular gynecomastia gynecomastia or mixed
Gynecomastia, though widespread, is not usually caused by a particular reason. It is idiopathic gynecomastia.
However, certain phenomena and conditions may be the reason behind the development of mammary glands or exceeding the increase in the male breast. It will therefore be appropriate to take stock in order to exclude:
- Testicular cancer
- The hormonal problem
- The breast tumor
The plastic surgeon will prescribe a radiological and hormonal balance by working with an endocrinologist or with your doctor.
Gynecomastia is classified into three stages according to the Classification of Simon:
- Grade I: little visible hypertrophy of the breast, no excess skin.
- Grade IIA: moderate hypertrophy of the breast, no excess skin.
- Classe IIB: moderate breast enlargement with a moderate excess skin.
- Classe III: important hypertrophy of the breast with excess skin important
This classification will result gynecomastia surgical technique to be adopted.
Gynecomastia can be operated from the end of puberty and at any age.
Preoperative health check is necessary before the treatment of gynecomastia and you will be prescribed by your cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Bouzguenda.
We must outlaw any aspirin based medication at least 10 days before surgery.
An echo-mammography will be required to determine the predominance fat and / or glandular gynecomastia and thus guide the attitude of the surgical treatment of gynecomastia.
- Type of anesthesia :
The intervention of gynecomastia is performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia classic, during which the patient sleeps completely.
- Hospitalization Terms:
Gynecomastia requires one night of hospitalization.
Plastic surgery to correct gynecomastia is technically called reduction mammaplasty in humans; it reduces breast size, flattens and improves the contours.
3 types of interventions are possible to cure gynecomastia depending on the nature of gynecomastia (fat, glandular or mixed) and in the condition of the skin below:
- Fat Gynecomastia : Liposuction can be considered only when it is only a fat accumulation (adipomastie). The excess skin retracts in a natural way. This procedure is carried out through two small incisions of less than 5mmm the thorax (later scars).
- Glandular gynecomastia : Known for its hardness, it is not necessary to perform liposuction of the mammary gland, but rather an ablation surgery. During this surgery, the plastic removed surgically, mammary gland into account the size of the breast and the elasticity of the patient's skin. In this case, two scenarios are considered:
- In the case where the patient has a skin elastic , and that the volume of the breast is not important, what is the case in the majority of cases, surgery is performed with a small incision and around inconspicuous the areola as a semicircle located in the lower half of both areolas .
- However, in the opposite case, where the patient has a very large surplus of non- elastic skin, the surgeon is forced to make further cuts to resect excess skin: Technique for Round blocks or scar peri -aréolaire associated horizontal scar.
- Mixed gynecomastia : This is the case where the large mass consists of both fat and gland which requires the combination of liposuction and removal of the gland to have the best possible result.
The procedure time is 1 to 2 hours depending on the grade and the technique adopted.
After gynecomastia surgery, you will feel uncomfortable with little pain the first few days, though relieved by analgesics. There will be swelling and bruising visible for about three weeks with a feeling of numbness.
We suggest you take a few days off for recovery.
It is extremely important to wear a compression garment for post surgery and for 6 weeks.
We will give clear and practical instructions on how to care for your chest area.
We should not play sports for 2 months after breast reduction surgery.
The breast reduction surgery in men or gynecomastia cure gives very satisfactory results and allows patients to regain their confidence.
The aim is to reduce this breast enlargement and achieve a more natural contour and manlier chest.
The result of the correction of gynecomastia is permanent. Your Gynecomastia is not likely to recur unless you resume weight!!
The final appearance on the final appearance of gynecomastia surgery can be observed after expiry of six months, for cons, the final appearance of scars can be judged after at least 12 months. A discreet asymmetry may persist after surgery depending on the initial anatomy.
Any gynecomastia surgery is performed by our experienced surgeon. However, as with any surgery, there is a risk of rare complications:
- General complications:
What are the risks associated with general anesthesia, thromboembolic events (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism), bruising, and exceptional infections.
- Complications specific to gynecomastia surgery
- Necrosis of the areola is very rare
- Healing condition: all scars body evolve over a period ranging from 6 to 12 months through the step redness and induration initial to 2 or 3 months.
- Unsightly Results :
- Imperfect correction of gynecomastia resulting excess fat under the skin or downright excess skin.
- Concave shape of the breast (having a recess) which depends on the remaining fatty layer around the breast that has been removed. A possible additional breast liposuction intervention will be suggested to reduce this.
- Hollow shape of the areola resulting from an excess of resection that can be corrected by a fat injection (Lipofilling).
- Aspect distended and wrinkled skin in the chest due to the non-skin retraction. Once there, this aspect can be corrected by a more or less long horizontal scar on the breast that can remove the exceeding skin.
The price of gynecomastia in Tunisia is 1,500 €. To get an accurate quote for your reduction surgery in humans in Tunisia, you must send your medical questionnaire with the photos.
Male breast reduction abroad
- Procedure :Breast Reduction Surgery in humans consisting of removing excess fat, and / or gland and / or excess skin for a more masculine and virile torso.
- Anesthesia :Local with sedation or general
- Operating time : 1 hour and a half
- Duration of hospital stay : 1 night
- Duration of the overall stay :7 days
- Convalescence : 7 to 10 days