Face fat transfer in Tunisia
Following weight loss, or sometimes for morphological reasons, the face may have a thin form, hollow and emaciated. Hampered by this unsightly appearance, many patients are resorting to the intervention of face lipofilling. Also called lipostructure face, this intervention is a natural and very reliable method.
The technique of facial lipofilling in Tunisia is a cosmetic surgery that involves re-injecting the patient’s own fat, previously removed from a donor site in the body, into the face. This is what is called an autograft or micro-grafting of fat cells which aims to rejuvenate and beautify the face.
The lipostructure act in Tunisia is to accentuate the natural volume by filling the hollows on the face as well as wrinkles and creases.
To perform a facial lipofilling in Tunisia, Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda, Plastic Surgeon qualified and recognized by the Council of the College of Physicians in France and Tunisia, will accompany you from your first consultation with her and answer all your questions. She offers a pleasant and quiet adequate to the purpose of your visit and very competitive rates. Feel free to contact her for a quote.
Among the factors of facial aging, there is a decrease in the volume of the face especially the fat, giving a tired and aged appearance to the face.
The intervention of facial transfer is a cosmetic surgery that aims to rejuvenate the face. It consists of taking the patient's own fat and reinjecting it into the face to "naturally" fill the hollows formed either by the facial bone structure or by wrinkles. It is a face lift without scars.
Whether in women or in men, injecting fat from the face of the hollow, is in order to:In Cosmetic Surgery:
- Diminish and fill the face wrinkles by injecting the patient’s own fat which is a “natural” dermal filler.
- Restore facial volumes by a "natural" volumizing product.
- Mitigate and fill the hollows of the dark circles.
- Improve the growth of tissues and skin of the face, while giving it a glow.
- Correct the effects of facial trauma-type depression.
- Bridging the fat loss in patients of HIV treatment.
The facial lipofilling act may occur on the following areas of the face: the nasolabial folds, the valley of tears, temples, cheekbones, cheeks, chin, oval face, the marionette lines, the lower eyelids, frown lines and crow's feet, lips.
The final result of facial lipofilling offers a moderate volume to the face since part of the injected fat is systematically absorbed (30-40%).
Taking into account the percentage of resorption, Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda accomplishes a facial lipostructure procedure accompanying a slight over-correction.
In this case, obtaining the desired facial volume and better filling of hollow, require: a second surgery after 6 months to 1 year from the first procedure.
Lipostructure face offers several advantages, such as:
- The reliability of these techniques.
- The absence of scar while rejuvenating the face.
- No risk of allergic reaction since this technique is a "natural" volumizing product.
- The final character of the product as is a non-resorbable filler.
- The possibility of association with other aesthetic surgical procedures such as face lift, eyelid surgery (cosmetic surgery that corrects the eyelids), liposuction...
- The limitlessness of the procedure to the extent that it can be applied on all patients: facial lipofilling requires only 30-50 cc of fat that depend on the area to be treated so that the patient should not necessarily have major fat areas.
Like any surgical procedure, the facial fat grafting requires a full operative assessment.
It is advisable to reduce or preferably totally stop smoking at least two weeks before surgery. Also, there should be no treatment with aspirin, at least 10 days before surgery. On the other hand, it is advisable to take Arnica 10 days before surgery to reduce the risk of post-operative bruising.
- Type of anesthesia :
In most cases, face lipofilling is performed under general anesthesia. However, local anesthesia is possible when it comes to lipofilling a small area of the face.
- Terms of hospitalization
Contrary to what some think, lipostructure face is a real surgical procedure that must be performed in a clinic and not in a medical office. It requires at least one day of hospitalization.
Facial fat micro-grafting is performed in three steps:First step: Sampling fat:
- Sampling the Fat procedure is done in a non-traumatic way, through minimal incisions sealed in the natural folds of the skin and allows the suction through a small thin cannula.
- The usual areas of sampling fat for lipofilling are: the knees, thighs, lower abdomen or flank...
Depending on the method of Coleman, the fat collected is processed by centrifugation, washed and filtered to separate the fat cells intact grafting the rest of the elements that will not be grafted (oil, serum).3rd time: Injection of fat in the face:
- Facial fat Injection is made in small quantities through very small micro- incisions using micro- cannulas.
- The reinjection of fat on the face is realized following a reverse-spreading technique in range and in different planes (shallow, medium and deep), to allow increasing the contact surface between fat cells grafted and the recipient areas of the face in order to increase their survival.
- A sensation of unease and discomfort rather than pain.
- During the first days and even months (1-3 months), it is quite common to see the formation of edema in the treated areas which lasts about 10 to 20 days. Thus, there must be a break of 10 to 15 days to avoid social embarrassment.
- For ten days after surgery, bruising (bruises) may appear and then disappear in a natural way.
- Avoid sun exposure during the first 4 weeks.
- Stop work for at least 10 to 12 days.
- Stop the sport for the first two months.
The final result can be noticed after 3 to 6 months after surgery. Facial Lipofilling involves engraftment between 60 and 70%, not to mention the fat absorption by 30 to 40%. Thus, it is possible to conduct a second session of lipofilling within 6 to 12 months after the first intervention in order to have optimal results.
Surgery to increase facial volume is final and permanent because the transplanted cells remain alive. And because fat cells have a genetic memory, they will evolve in line with the patient’s gain or weight loss. It will be best to keep a stable weight after the facial lipofilling surgery.
Lipofilling of the face can increase facial volume and meet its hollow of a final and permanent; fortunately with very few complications. However, we must be aware:General complications :
- Thromboembolic Risk (phlebitis, pulmonary embolism), very rare.
- Risks associated with general anesthesia.
- The risk of infection is unusual.
- Excessive resorption of the injected fat which causes an under correction and involves a 2nd session of lipofilling.
- Hypercorrection, whose treatment is difficult, sometimes requiring surgical removal.
- A touchup may be necessitated due to a slight asymmetry.
The price of facial lipofilling in Tunisia is 960 €, please consult the prices page of plastic surgery in Tunisia. We would like to inform you that the price of lipofilling face in Tunisia is quite affordable and cheap. Feel free to contact Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda to request a quote.
Facial fat grafting abroad
- Procedure: Injecting the patient's own autologous fat on the face for volume.
- Duration of hospital stay: Outpatient or 1 night.
- Operating time: 1 hour.
- Anesthesia : General or local.
- Duration of the overall stay: 4 days.
- Recovery: 10 days.