Eyelid surgery abroad
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is cosmetic surgery that aims to reduce the excess skin on the eyelids and to remove the fat pockets to obtain a more youthful and lively look. Over time, the appearance of the eyelids changes in an uncomfortable way that is characterized by the sagging skin, wrinkles and the formation of bags under the eyes. They give the eyes a swollen appearance, older and tired eyes.
To correct these misfortunes and get youthful and bright eyes, eyelid surgery, called blepharoplasty, is the solution.
- The upper blepharoplasty : treats and proceeds on drooping upper eyelids.
- The lower blepharoplasty : treats excess skin by reducing it and removing fat pockets.
Dr. Chiraz Bouzguenda, specialist in eyelid surgery in Tunisia offers you her services. She will meet all your demands and will accompany you along your steps to a successful eyelid surgery in Tunisia. You can stay in contact with Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda, enjoy her cosmetic surgery prices by following this contact form on the site.
Blepharoplasty is cosmetic eyelid surgery which aims for remodeling the eyelids’ signs of age, to get rid of dull and tired eyes
We can distinguish the signs of aging eyelids by:
- For upper eyelids : The excess skin that leaves a large draping on the eye, causing heavy and droopy upper eyelids
- For lower eyelids : The hernia fat, either with or without excess skin, creates bags under the eyes giving them a dull look.
Eyelid surgery is the surgical procedure that acts on the unsightly aspects of the eyelids by removing existing sagging skin and under eyes bags, giving them back their freshness.
It is important to know that:
- Operations of the upper and lower eyelids can be done separately or simultaneously.
- Eyelid surgery does not correct sunken eyes, drooping eyebrows and frown lines.
- During an initial consultation with Dr. Bouzguenda in Tunisia, she will recommend an ophthalmologist to prevent possible eye problem.
- A full health check is required as it is for all other surgeries
- It is advised to stop taking aspirin based drugs before 10 days of the intervention.
- Types of anesthesia for eyelid surgery : There are 3 types of anesthesia for eyelid surgery in Tunisia:
- Pure local anesthesia: rather used for the upper eyelids surgery or upper blepharoplasty.
- General anesthesia: planned at the lower eyelid surgery or during operation acting on the four eyelids at one time.
- In-depth Local anesthesia: This is product locally anesthetic injection and intravenously.
- Terms of hospitalization for the eyelid surgery :It is necessary to plan to stay during a short duration even with an entry and release from the clinic that very day. Indeed, the intervention is often done on the same day by opting for a short hospital stay.
Each of the artists has his own operating methods. Building on their expertise, the cosmetic surgeon adapts to the specific case of each patient. However, there are major common lines among all practitioners:The incisions on the skin:
- For the upper eyelids : the doctor makes his incision at the recesses of the upper eyelids.
- For lower eyelids : Two cases arise:
- The patient have sagging and excess skin with bags under the eyes: the doctor makes his lower blepharoplasty incision 2mm under the eyelashes and leads the line a little bit outward.
- The patient has eye bags without excess or sagging skin (usually in younger patients): lower eyelid surgery is established by trans- conjunctival route or endo- conjunctival : The operation is carried out by the incisons inside the eyelid to avoid producing visible scars
Scars resulting from these incisions are not visible to the naked eye and are melted in the natural creases of the eyelids.The skin and fat resection :
The eyelid incision allows the removal of the piles of fat and excess skin or the lax muscle. In the indication, the practitioner chooses to perform an external canthopexy act for the lower eyelids.Sutures :
As is usual for an eyelid surgery, the cosmetic surgeon uses non absorbable son for intradermal running suture. These are removed approximately one week after surgery.Duration of intervention :
It is conventional that eyelid surgery lasts about one to two hours depending on the number of eyelids treated.
Eyelid skin is the thinnest of all our body and the best at healing, scarring of the upper blepharoplasty and / or bottom are placed in the natural folds and are exceptionally visible.
With the technique of endo-conjunctival blepharoplasty, there are no scars at all.
The eyelid surgery can be done alone or combined with another surgery, especially facial surgery: facelift, lipofilling, otoplasty...
After 3 to 6 months, the patient can appreciate the final appearance and the outcome of the eyelids surgery.
Particularly marked postoperative effects of eyelid surgery: swollen and tearful eyes, the presence of blue, especially the first few days after the surgery. Also, intense coloring that persists at the scars for a few weeks. Pain is considered to be rather moderate with a slight feeling of tightness around the eyes and contractions in the eyelids. Some vision problems were also recorded. These suites mentioned above can be managed by administering analgesics and prescription drugs by the cosmetic surgeon.
It is also advisable to follow these instructions after surgery of the eyelids:
- Rest your eyes: avoid reading and watching TV for at least two days after eyelid surgery.
- Rest (physically), avoid any sports or heavy physical activity after a eyelid surgery.
- Wear eye protection: try to avoid eye irritation caused by the sun and / or wind and protect them with dark sunglasses for the first weeks after surgery.
- Promote deflation eyes: Use moistened with saline compresses placed on the eyes for the first few hours of the procedure. This will facilitate the deflation of eyes and reduce the risk of hematoma.
- Avoid makeup and activities: It is best to resume activities and makeup after removing sons.
- The end result of the upper and / or lower eyelid surgery can be assessed after 4 to 6 months and the aesthetic appearance of the look with a younger look, more clear and bright can be appreciated.
- After one year, the scars fade and are nearly invisible.
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery gives great satisfaction to patients, allowing them to get rid of the dull and tired look.
For each medical surgery, there are specific complications. These eyelid surgery complications are very rare and unusual:
- The anesthesiologist will explain the risks of anesthesia during the patient's first consultation with him.
- Usual but very exceptional risks may occur, such as hematoma, infection or inflammation of the operating area.
- The retraction or also called ectropion of the lower eyelid (round eye) will recede after completing the massage sessions and it’s very rare to find cases where they would needed a re-intervention.
- The risk of chemosis: this risk is characterized by a swelling that is not dangerous to the conjunctiva. This swelling disappears in a few weeks.
- Tears of secretion disorders may occur which are characterized either by tears or by a permanent eye syndrome.
- Some common complications that trouble the entire closure of the upper eyelid called "Lagophthalmos".
- Opposed to the "Lagophthalmos" some risks in the full opening of the upper eyelid can occur.
- Epidermal cysts may form due epidermal inclusions on the scars. They are easily removed with a small needle.
- Dissatisfaction or insufficiency of desired result may occur. Some cases require surgical revision least six months after the first intervention
Plastic surgery abroad prices of eyelid surgery in Tunisia varies from 900 to € 1,300.
- Upper eyelid surgery Tunisia Price: 900 €
- Lower eyelid surgery Tunisia Price: € 1,050
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery in Tunisia Price: 1300 €
The price of blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery in Tunisia is quite affordable and cheap prices compared to eyelid surgery performed in France or Switzerland or other...
If you want to know how much an eyelid surgery in Tunisia and have an accurate quote, you can contact Dr. Shiraz Bouzguenda.
- Procedure :this procedure aim to reduce and remove the excess skin and muscle as well as fat hernias (eye bags) to give the eyes youth and radiance.
- Anesthesia :Local, local or general potentiated
- Operating Time:1 hour to 2 hours
- Duration of hospital stay:outpatient or 1 night
- Duration of the overall stay: 7 days
- Convalescence: 7 to 10 days